Investment Visas

Investing In United States Business

The United States is a great place to invest. It is common for foreign nationals seeking to invest in businesses to look into investment visas to the United States. However, there are a number of complicated requirements and process steps that require assistance from an experienced immigration lawyer. Handling the process yourself can result in costly delays and perhaps even the denial of your visa application.

At Metcalf & Associates, P.C., we can help. With 25 years of experience, we represent clients in Hoffman Estates, West Dundee, Aurora, and the surrounding Illinois area. Our Hoffman Estates investment visa attorneys have a solid understanding of the laws involved, the resources needed to obtain solutions and a strong commitment to personally helping clients throughout their cases.

E-2 Treaty Investor Visas

There are a number of E-2 visas available, including:

  • Visas for treaty investors: To classify for an E-2 treaty investor visa, a potential treaty investor must be a national of a country with which the United States has a treaty of commerce. Another requirement is a substantial investment in a bona fide US enterprise. The candidate must also show at least 50 percent ownership of the business in question. There are other requirements and process steps, as well, and our lawyers can help you determine if you qualify and help you through every step.
  • Employees of treaty investors: E-2 visas are also available for employees of treaty investors who are of the same nationality of the employer, who meet the definition of “employee” under the relevant laws, and who either are engaged in executive or supervisory duties, or possess special qualifications if employed in a lesser capacity.
  • Family members of treaty investors: Family visas are available for spouses and unmarried children of treaty investor visa holders.

Generally, the initial length of stay for an E-2 visa holder is two years. In addition to helping you obtain the initial visa, we can also help you petition for extension of your visa or work with you to find naturalization solutions so you can become a full US citizen.

Contact us online or call 847-882-1992 to schedule your free consultation.

English ∙ Albanian ∙ Thai ∙ Spanish ∙ Polish ∙ Mandarin And Cantonese Chinese
Flat Fees Available For Certain Cases